The lovely and interesting blogger, Tempest Rose, whom I met while attempting the Writing 101 Challenge, has deigned to nominate yours truly for a Most Influential Blogger award.
I’m honored and humbled by this nomination. Tempest and I are like night and day, with little in common other than our love of words. We clicked right away, and now I follow her posts. She’s funny, sarcastic, and honest. Okay, so maybe we do have a few traits in common. I’m not funny, though.
Here are the “rules”
1. Display the Award on your Blog.
2. Announce your win with a blog post and thank the Blogger who awarded you (and include the rules).
3. Present 10 deserving Bloggers with the Award.
4. Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded with a comment (or a pingback).
5. Include an embedded video of your current favorite song (YouTube has almost everything, just copy and paste the link into your WordPress editor). If a video is not possible you can embed a SoundCloud track.
I’ve displayed the award on the right with a link to her blog, this post is the announcement, and here are ten deserving bloggers I’ve nominated:
I know, I failed, again, to reach the requirement. I don’t have as many followers or friends as the rest of you guys, and the ones I do follow make it clear to me they aren’t interested in being nominated for anything in the award category of things.
Personally, I think they are a cute way to let others know they’re appreciated, but whatever.
As for the favorite song thing, well, I’ll give the link to my PAGE in that regard. Scroll down all of the video’s I’ve posted there and take your pick. They’re just a handful of some of the music I like best of all. To be fair, though, I’ll post a video. I like a lot of music, and not a lot of music with lyrics or that make the Billboard Top 40. It has to be instrumental with a beat to get me in the writing mood, so I’m not hip to the music scene anymore. Haven’t been for close to twenty years now.